We respect your privacyWhenever we collect, handle, store, use or disclose personal information that you provide to us when using this site or via e-mail, we try to comply with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
What is personal information?Personal information is any information (whether fact, opinion or evaluative material) about you as an individual, from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained. The following statement sets out:
- our policies on the management of personal information; and
- what sort of personal information we hold, for what purposes and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information.
For what purposes do we collect personal information?We only collect personal information about you for the purpose of delivering and improving the site and the services we provide and to enhance and develop our relationship with you. Generally, those services relate to advertising real estate, and any other services such as finance, conveyancing, removalist services, property maintenance and any other related real estate service.
When do we collect personal information?Where possible, we will collect your personal information that you provide directly to us. Generally, we collect personal information about you in the following situations:
- you register as a site user;
- you send us an e-mail;
- you post a message to our message board;
- you give us personal information when using any part of the web site, such as the chat rooms, billboards and pagebuilder sites; and
- you use our services.
We track usage patterns for our siteWhen you visit this site, our server logs the following information provided by your browser:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- the previous site that you visited;
- your server's IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet - usually one of your service provider's machines);
- the date and time of your visit;
- the address of the pages accessed; and
- the documents downloaded.
Search termsSearch terms that you enter when searching our publications database engine are collected, but are not associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms to ascertain what people are looking for at our site, and to improve the services that we provide.
Disclosure of information to others accessing the siteAny person who is a user of our site may access, download and print any information you provide to our chat rooms, billboards and pagebuilder sites. By accessing any of our billboards, pagebuilder sites or like services, you consent to the disclosure of any personal information you provide while participating in any of these services to any other person participating in any of these services, whether at the time you are participating or at a later time. We are not responsible for the use or disclosure by others of the information you provide to our site.
If you send us an e-mailIf you send us an e-mail containing personal information we take steps to ensure the confidentiality of that information. The content of e-mails is sometimes monitored for maintenance and fault detection purposes or for legal compliance purposes. We may use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it. We may also use your e-mail address to respond to feedback given about this site, and to confirm receipt of e-mails if we need to contact you for any reason. We may send you an e-mail providing general information about services that we provide or that are available to you from other persons, to provide any information you request. Each time we do that, we will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive more e-mails of that type.
Do we disclose personal information to anyone else?It is generally our policy not to disclose information to external organisations, however, we may sometimes need to disclose your personal information to others for the purposes set out above. Examples of the types of organisations we may wish to disclose information to for these purposes are:
- our related bodies corporate; and
- parties outside realestateview.com.au Ltd who are contracted to us to provide a particular service on our behalf, such as: mailing houses for bulk mailing of letters and notices, printers for marketing material, and other service providers.
Direct marketingFrom time to time we may use your personal information to inform you about our services and products or promotions that we think may be of interest to you. We will generally give the opportunity to express a wish not to receive these direct marketing communications. You can let us know at any time if you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications by contacting us by the means below and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database. If the law requires us to provide you with information about our products or services, we will provide that information even if you have elected not to receive information about those products or services generally.
Security of personal informationSecurity of personal information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information for misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- external and internal premises security;
- restricting access to personal information only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software; and
- maintaining physical security over paper records.