Sponsored Content is a collaborative effort between your company and view.com.au, providing our audience with interesting insights while creating brand awareness for your company. The view.com.au content team will help you craft your messaging to make sure your content is on point and give you tips in optimisation for the best overall performance for the campaign.
The view.com.au Advice Centre provides tips and tricks relevant for property seekers (buyers, renter and sellers) and market observers. Blogging is a great way to position yourself in a local market expert, and we are more than happy to hear from you if you would like to contribute. We would love to hear from local experts on your field of expertise in the property industry.
Writing unique content for the view.com.au Advice Centre builds your personal and professional brand with an audience of over 1.4 million monthly visits*
All posts will be:
- Posted to our Advice Centre (link) with the author credited.
- Amplified amongst selected social channels with 56,000 followers and growing (Twitter, Facebook and Google +). In addition to this, each month our email database receives the best articles from the Blog and Advice Centre. Posts which yield the most consumer engagement will be amplified further through this email, gaining more exposure for the most engaging and relevant posts.
Our Tone of Voice
At view.com.au we are fun, fresh and insightful. We are open, accessible, supportive and inclusive, all while being credible and wise. We are approachable, entertaining, fun and opinionated. We stand up for our beliefs but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We would expect our writers follow this tone in their articles.
- Friendly but factual.
- Authoritative but approachable.
- Accurate not speculative.
- Simple answers to tricky questions.
- Excited by insights.
- Invested in your success.
- No rhetoric or jargon.
- Witty not juvenile.
- Embracive of our roots.
- Proud to have a different view.
- More than just houses.
Avoid or explain buzzwords. Some readers are put off by property jargon. We want to keep things as simple as possible so if you need to use technical terms, help people understand.
Think about the back links – Articles containing too many links back to your domain will look spammy. All back links will be within the Author Bio rather than the article. Don’t link to PDFs. It’s a poor experience for mobile users.
Self-promotion. Please leave all self-promotion to the author bio and not in the article, this decreases the credibility of the article and comes across too salesy. We’re here to help not sell.
Visuals – Please ensure images are mobile-friendly. This means the text on graphics should be large enough to be read on a phone screen. Photos should be realistic. Airbrushing and Photoshop don’t tell the true story.
Fake News – We won’t spend time fact-checking all content, please make sure that all sponsored content is accurate and unbiased. Make only substantiated claims.
What We Will Publish
Advice Centre articles should be approximately 600-800 words in length, and can contain tables, video or info-graphics. The Advice Centre is designed to provide tips and tricks relevant for property seekers (buyers, renter and sellers) and market observers. Please consider formats that are easily digestible by even the least engaged audience, such as the use of subheadings, checklists, lists and easy-to-use guides.
Key topics/categories guest writers may consider are:
- Ways to reduce costs around the home
- What is the difference between a buyer’s agent and a real estate agent?
- Buying new homes vs. buying old
- Changing your life over 60. Do you move towards the family or stay in the same area
- Renovation myths
- Finding ZEN in a new home
- Choosing your utilities providers
- Cheap interior design hacks
- Instructional ‘how-to’ manuals
The view.com.au Advice Centre contains evergreen content that is relevant long past its published date. Article topics should not be too broad.
If you would like to prepare an article on news topics with current statistics and that would not be timeless content, please consider our blog.
What We Won’t Publish
View.com.au in partnership with Real Estate Institutes around Australia will not accept any content that speaks negative of slanderous of the real estate industry and the agents.
View.com.au reserve the right to refuse any articles for the following reasons:
- Anything that’s been covered on the Advice Centre before. Please do a search of our site before submitting your articles.
- Articles that criticise companies, individuals’ or agents
- Articles that have appeared on other blogs or news outlets. View.com.au will only accept original work that is not and will not be published elsewhere, including your own site. Contributors must also own the rights to any content published on our Advice Centre.
- Content with hyperlinks outside of the author bio or any article that appears to be spam
- Any article that makes reference to, credits or hyperlinks to competitors or competitors other brands.
- Articles from non-credible sources or that is giving a hard sell on their own product or service.
- Articles written in first person.
- Statistics or numerical reports that are likely to change and go out of date.
Effective from the 1st of February, the cost for a sponsored article will be $550 plus GST. The article will not be removed once posted. This can be paired with display banner advertising and solus eDM’s at a further cost. If you’re interested in an ongoing collaboration or content series we’re happy to explore. Please let us know if you are interested in these options when you submit your request.
Terms and conditions
- View.com.au will try to work with your required publish date, however reserve the right to post when it fits best with our content calendar.
- The cost does not cover the curation of the article. This must be provided to view.com.au, however we reserve the right to make amendments to the copy to ensure it fits with our brand and tone of voice.
- View.com.au do not offer ghost writing services at this stage.
- Payment will be required before the article will be posted.
- Any articles that do not follow the above guidelines will simply be rejected.
- It’s your responsibility to abide by all laws, including consumer protection regulations and privacy laws.
How We Work Together
We want to build content collaboratively from ideation to execution and simplify the editing process as best we can. We do not blindly accept articles from sponsors — we work together from the beginning. Here’s what we need to get started and how the process will work:
- First draft of content, preferred publication dates and any additional exposure or amplification – 4 weeks out from publication.
- View.com.au to return with approval/changes on first draft to help your brand align with the view.com.au voice.
- Final draft received back from client minimum 1 week out from publish date.
- Go live.
- The view.com.au content team returns with web-link and analytics one week after publication.
Become a Writer
If you’re interested in sponsored editorial posts, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your content idea and contact details.