Removalist quotes should be obtained at least 4 weeks prior to your move.
Hiring removalists is one of the most important tasks when preparing to move home. As such, this should not be left till last minute. We recommend researching different moving services and getting quotes at least four weeks prior to your move. This gives you ample time to compare prices, find one that is suitable for your needs and lock them in for the day you want to move.
Some Things to Consider Whilst Getting Quotes
- Write down a list of all the things you will need the removalists to take care of. This will help not only with the quote, but after the move for insurance purposes.
- Break down the list by room; this will help you on moving day.
- There are different types of removalist services. Some removalists offer a full service including packing goods at your old home and unpacking the goods at your new home, whilst others will involve only packing the truck and any boxes you have already packed.
- Make sure you shop around. Different removalists will have different costs.
By using services that utilise a network of moving services, they can do all the investigation, price
comparisons and negotiations for you.
Truck rental quotes should be obtained 2-4 weeks before your move.
Truck hire is a great option for smaller moves that can be done in 1-2 trips. It may require a bit of
muscle but will work out cheaper than hiring removalists.
A few things you need to bring with you for the move:
- Blankets – to cover your furniture when stacking and to cover the floors in your new home
- Rope – to secure furniture to the van
- Trolley – to make moving heavier objects easier
- Two or more people – don’t try the move by yourself; ensure you have at least two people to carry the heavier items.
It is best to obtain house cleaning quotes 2-4 weeks prior to the move.
Make moving easier and book in house cleaners to come in to your old home on move day and ensure that the house is spick and span and ready for the next residents to enjoy. This service is perfect for full house moves or for when housemates move out to ensure their rooms are tidy.