Buyers seeking size, position and versatile accommodation with dual living options will be interested in 122 Hanbury Street, Mayfield. This appealing solid brick duplex style residence on one title boasts a spacious dual level floorplan with separation at its heart. Each self-contained level is generously proportioned, displaying all the hallmarks of the classic Art Deco era with high ceilings, ornate cornices and picture rails whilst an updated bathroom, plantation shutters and a spacious layout extending to alfresco entertaining add modern appeal. Providing plenty of options including income potential whilst you enjoy the home, it could easily be converted into one grand residence to accommodate the large or extended family (STCA).
An identical floorplan on each level is surprisingly spacious and features separate lounge and dining with winter fireplace, two bedrooms, a spotless kitchen and outdoor flow to a peaceful deck. The upper level has the advantage of picturesque district views as far as Mount Sugarloaf, Charlestown and Merewether. A double garage provides safe and secure off street parking. Sitting on the high side of the street and positioned just moments from Mayfield's CBD and public transport it's set on a 546sqm parcel.
Duplexes make a very attractive possibility for property investors. Two homes on one lot can give a high rate of return on your investment - two lots of rent per week or two high value homes to sell. Unit one is currently leased to a long-term tenant, returning $320 per week.
* Two Art Deco period apartments on one title; 546sqm in total
* Identical dual level floorplan could easily be converted into one residence (STCA)
* Separate lounge and dining with winter fireplace and gas heating
* Spotless kitchens featuring gas cooking (Unit 2), electric cooking (Unit 1);
* Alfresco entertaining and picturesque district views from upper level
* Four bedrooms in total; two featuring built-in robes
* Double garage and shared yard
* Dual income options with expected total rent of approx. $700pw
*. Separate electricity and gas for each unit, but water is one account at present with ability to be split if desired
Land Area: 546 sqm
Parking: 2 cars