Check this place out! Approx 1.666 acres, 2 permanent Creeks, Architecturally designed, eco house, all for $550,000 and only 20 minutes from the City and next door to Stirling.
This is a unique, beautiful house and garden at peace in this serene and secret valley of the Adelaide hills. Do not judge the book by its cover!
- Designed and positioned by architect Pauline Hurren to capture northerly light and views (hence the back of house aspect which is its view from Pole Road)
- Built within a unique garden setting of two permanently flowing creeks: one left natural, and one landscaped into a series of ponds meeting in the garden;
- Includes 200m frontage to the Sturt River meaning abundant year round water flows, delightful secluded ponds and gardens within a protected valley.
- Built in 1965 and extended in 2005, of Mt Lofty hand-dressed stone
- Approx .6745 hectares featuring two permanent flowing creeks
- Landscaped gardens
- Separate Dining
- 3 Bedrooms with BIR's
- Huge Cellar
- Timber outdoor decking with high pitched pergola
- Double glazed floor to ceiling windows to capture valley views
- Ducted underfloor oil heating
- Open fire place in Downstairs Family Room
- Combustion heater
- Queensland Box solid timber floors
- Turkish and Italian marble and stone tiles
- Wi Fi
- Solar HWS
- 40,000 litre rain water tank with 2 pumps
Approximately 0.5653 hectares, this idyllic property embodies nature's superb and varied palate. Ferns, camellias and hedges line the banks of the series of spring fed ponds while majestic conifers and oaks tower overhead. As breezes swirl the season's amber leaves, the local kangaroos lift their heads while kookaburras and magpies greet you.
This reserved house hides its treasures until you actually enter the home. It is soundly built of superbly worked local stone and anchored firmly into the rock of the Adelaide hills. The interior has walls of stone and wood, ceilings and floors of Queensland Box or stone and marble tiles. The light and warmth of this sanctuary is overwhelming as you enter, and you will be impressed by the generous living areas linked by a stunning glass atrium, and the vision through the floor to ceiling glass of the gardens and valley before you. Whether upstairs or down, every door and window frames a masterpiece.
Perched atop the massive cellar come workshop, the accommodation wing, housing the master bedroom, bathroom, and bedrooms two and three, enables you to awaken everyday to the morning sunlight filling the valley.
The exquisite view feeds your spirit, and this tranquil backdrop constantly invites you out onto either of the two balconies over-looking the flowing Sturt River. The exceptional house design brings the valley in at every turn.
Explore the delightful gardens which encompass the interesting history and riches of this site, both European and Aboriginal, of the meeting of the waters. The mingling of the Sturt River with the clear, cleansing water of the nearby spring have for generations nurtured the occupants of this remarkable location. It is and was a place of healing. The cleared terraces remain from market garden days with the remains of the old aqueduct still present. The impressive stand of vintage camellias and towering exotic trees are silent witness to an earlier life as a busy nursery garden. But the jewel in this crown is the elegant secret garden, where sculptured stone work guides the flow of the cool clear waters, designed for both summer containment and the heavier winter flows.
A rare opportunity for when your head aligns with your soul.
152 Pole Road, Ironbank
is for sale through Jann Wilksch from Ray White Northgate
. It has 3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms and 1 parking spots. Don’t forget to favourite it by clicking the heart icon at the top of the page contact the agent via phone or email form.
Highlight Feature: Built-in Wardrobes, Fireplace(s), Garden, Seperate Dining, Terrace/Balcony
Parking: 1 Carport