Situated in a gorgeous wide street less than one kilometre to Newcastle Harbour and foreshore, this lovely period cottage is perfectly designed as a first home or superb downsizing option. Surprisingly spacious inside, enhanced by 10ft ceilings and elegant period detail including dado boards, picture rails and a cast iron fireplace, it provides a peaceful inner-city lifestyle.
Occupying a level and fully fenced 340sqm parcel the weatherboard home opens to reveal a versatile entry space that would make an ideal office or study. The air-conditioned lounge room with fireplace and gas heating flows into a spacious second living/dining room and smartly updated kitchen with gas cooking. A sunroom encompasses the laundry and full family bathroom. Both bedrooms are exceptionally large. Outside there is a level backyard, peaceful front verandah and secure driveway parking for one vehicle.
This easycare home is situated a short walk to Islington park, Hamilton station and Beaumont Street and would expect to return approximately $400per week.
* Weatherboard cottage on level and fully fenced 340sqm parcel
* Charming period detail including 10ft ceilings, dado boards and fireplace
* A choice of living spaces with air-conditioning and gas heating
* Smartly updated kitchen featuring gas cooking; sunroom
* Full family bathroom and separate laundry; two huge bedrooms
* Secure driveway parking for one vehicle
* Moments to the harbour foreshore, Beaumont St and Hamilton station
* Expected rental return of approximately $400 per week
Land Area: 340 sqm
Parking: 1 car