Privately positioned on 4.7 acres just 5 minutes from the popular village of Woodbridge, 10 minutes to Cygnet and 40 minutes to Hobart, this stylish country home offers tranquil views to the north, over the pristine Tasmanian countryside. Great care and planning has gone into the architect's design and construction of this home. Built in 2008, the owners went to great lengths to ensure its positioning and layout offer the best in country living.
The home, with its living areas facing due north, is exceptionally well insulated, fitted with a 5 kw solar power system, ample tank water plus a dam (garden water pump connected) to collect the tank over flow and the natural run off water from the land. With good fertile soil, fruit trees, vegetable beds, hot house, water, and the cleanest air, you have everything you need in self sustainability to live virtually off the grid.
Private courtyards, accessed through French doors create the feeling of extended living and privacy from the master bedroom, upstairs bedroom, sitting room and hallway.
A large solid timber deck off the kitchen and dining area encapsulates all day sun with views over the grounds and hills and out towards the Hartz Mountains where you can sit in true silence and listen to the clouds passing by.
There are many features in this property but you really have to be there in person to appreciate its true feeling of quality and tranquility.
The home offers:
- A large open plan kitchen with marble bench-top and family dining area.
- Separate formal lounge with open fireplace.
- 3 bedrooms (including 1 study), 1 and half bathrooms
- Double garage with 3m x 7m workshop (and 3rd toilet)
- Laundry and 2nd shower/toilet
- 3 tiled, private courtyards with Art studio / rumpus room
- Remote controlled gates with sealed turning area.
- 4.7 acres, newly fenced with critter proof fencing
- A second paddock of light bush with water supply and old pickers hut (included in the total acreage)
- Broadband internet (NBN high speed wireless).
- 5kw solar power system and ample water.
So, if you're planning your Escape to the Country, be sure to include this on your list of properties to experience.
Highlight Feature: Bush,Private,Rural Views, Landscaped Gardens
Floor Area: 183sqm
Land Area: 19,100 sqm
Parking: 2 cars