Privately located on a quiet street surrounded by manicured lawns and lush native gardens with flowering shrubs and mature trees. Marked by a unique bluestone facade, with a functional layout, this beautiful home is captivating from the outset. Showcasing three bedrooms, including open plan living zone complete with slow combustion heater. Outside is the separate studio, historic workshop/store room, 8 solar panels and large rainwater tanks. There is something special about this charming cottage and its picturesque setting.
The Allotment: Situated on a 1,745 sqm allotment with 2 frontages you will love the native gardens in this private and peaceful setting.
The House: This delightful cottage style home was built in 1988 with generously sized domains and beautiful bluestone facades, you will also love the cobblestone workshop/store room originally known as the "Boot Makers Shop" plus an additional studio.
Internal features include:
- 3 generously sized bedrooms (2 with built in robes)
- Spacious main bedroom with French doors opening up onto the beautiful gardens
- Main bathroom with separate toilet
- Kitchen with servery/bar
- Gas cooktop and stove
- Open living and meals area with plenty of room to move
- Slow combustion heater
- High ceilings throughout the home with beautiful stained glass windows
- Ducted evaporative air conditioning
External features include:
- Beautiful established gardens, native plants and shrubs
- 2 x undercover carports
- Separate studio
- Workshop/storage room
- Veggie patches
- 8 x solar panels
- 2 x rainwater tanks
- Solar hot water
- Fully fenced
- Access gate to Sunter Street
The Location: Located in the heart of Strathalbyn with rear gate onto Sunter Street. Walking distance to Main Street, Strathalbyn community pool and Soldiers Memorial Garden. 10 minutes drive to Mount Barker and 35 minutes to Adelaide.
Year Built: 1988
Land Area: 1,745 sqm
Parking: 2 cars