This classic post-war Newcastle 1950's home reflects the spirit of the era with classic charm. An extension has created an indoor/outdoor second living space with stronger links to the garden whilst a self-contained lower level with its own kitchenette and bathroom facilities is ideal for multi-generational family living. Offering wide appeal and a fabulous central location, the home offers superb scope to update for a modern family lifestyle.
Situated on a peaceful north facing block the brick and tile home is filled with natural light and features distinct living and dining spaces with an open working fireplace set in sandstone surrounds. The air-conditioned family room features built-in cabinetry and opens to a private alfresco deck overlooking the peaceful backyard. Offering plenty of cupboard space the kitchen boasts electric cooking. Wet areas include a bathroom with separate w/c and laundry with direct access to the backyard. Three generous-sized bedrooms feature built-in robes and custom cabinetry. Downstairs the self-contained accommodation features its own separate entry and boasts a living space with kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom as well as a sauna and opens directly to the peaceful backyard. Other highlights include a single garage plus a carport and plenty of driveway parking for boats and trailers plus solar hot water and 1.5kw solar electricity.
This appealing home is set on a 589sqm parcel in an ultra-convenient location moments to the John Hunter Hospital, sought-after schools, shopping centres, Blackbutt Reserve and a short drive to Newcastle CBD and iconic beaches.
* Two storey 1950's brick and tile home on 589sqm north facing parcel
* Distinct living and dining spaces and family room extending to deck
* Kitchen with electric cooking and plenty of cupboard space
* Three ground floor bedrooms with built-in robes and custom cabinetry
* Self-contained lower level accommodation with kitchenette and bathroom
* Single garage, single carport and additional driveway parking
* Solar hot water and 1.5kw solar electricity
* Central location moments to John Hunter Hospital and a choice of quality schools
Land Area: 589 sqm
Parking: 2 cars