A stunning example of post war era design, this classic architect designed home beautifully reflects the spirit of the '50s - full of bespoke details, joinery and materials rarely seen in new homes today. Sitting pretty on the top of a hill on a gently sloping 540sqm block, the classic, well considered design and its continual care make for a beautiful space to live in.
Featuring timber floors throughout, the home boasts an inviting lounge room wrapped in soaring windows that extend outdoors to a peaceful verandah and flood it with northerly sun and breezes. A separate dining room flows to the updated kitchen that blends modern stainless steel appliances with a retro '50s diner booth. Two of the three bedrooms feature built-in robes and the family bathroom features a separate w/c next to the laundry. A second living area flows outdoors to the covered south terrace - perfect for alfresco entertaining. Renovations over the last 10 years include rewiring, roof restoration and insulation, new gutters and downpipes, new water supply pipes, solar hot water, screens/awnings, window and door locks and an electronic door to the double garage and storeroom.
Designed by revered local architect Tim Mayo, the home is perfectly positioned to catch the northeast light, breezes and distant views. It's situated footsteps to Blackbutt shops and a short drive to Westfield Kotara, Newcastle's pristine beaches and beautiful Lake Macquarie.
* Architect designed brick veneer home built 1953 on 540sqm allotment
* Separate lounge and dining plus additional living space; gas heating
* Updated kitchen featuring stainless steel appliances and '50s diner booth
* Three bedrooms all with ceiling fans; two with built-in robes
* Family bathroom with separate w/c; laundry
* North facing front verandah capturing district views
* South alfresco terrace and easycare gardens
* Beautiful bespoke details, joinery and materials
* Footsteps to Blackbutt shops and a short drive to Westfield and beaches
Land Area: 540 sqm
Parking: 2 cars