East of Mudgee and near to Rylstone, to the western side of the Great Dividing Range, lies Long Gully.
This truly unique property comprises 402.6 hectares of picturesque natural beauty a project of conservation activity, eco-friendly sustainable building and preservation of countless species of native flora and fauna.
- Well suited to owner occupants or as a retreat the property also lends itself to eco tourism possibilities.
- A superb Adobe (mud brick) home featuring vaulted ceilings, exposed timber beams and built by specialists in this mode of construction
- A stunning open plan living and meals area of great volume with an amazing open fireplace; the handcrafted timber kitchen adjacent
- There are four bedrooms; however the current owners have utilised two as private study and a library, and two bathrooms.
- Almost everything used in construction has been handcrafted on site with timber sourced from the property for the roof structure, windows, cabinetry and furniture
- The mud bricks come from the clay and sand on the property
- Further to the homestead is a spacious, fully self-contained guest quarters of the same construction adjacent to the house
- Other improvements include a large open-sided shed, enclosed workshop, 3-5 car carport and two bushfire safety bunkers
- Water supply is more than sufficient and solar power, phone and internet is well catered for
- Also situated on the property is a two bedroom cottage with additional external accommodation, full kitchen and bathroom facilities and independent power and water supply
- Purpose built 'Star room' - an observatory to enjoy the clear night skies
- This property cannot be used for agricultural pursuits
- A conservation agreement is in place with the NSW and Federal Governments providing financial assistance for weed control and the waiver of council rates
This is but a brief preview of Long Gully and its composition. For a full understanding of this magnificent property contact Damian Kearns to request a fact sheet on 0418 205 551